The National Film and Television School (NFTS) announces that Inside Pictures, its prestigious European film industry business training programme – now in its 14th year – is bringing this year’s group of 20 experienced producers and executives to Los Angeles for a week of meetings from Sunday 24th September, with senior studio executives, producers and other leading industry professionals.
The participants, who represent all areas of the film industry and span nine territories, are looking to learn from, exchange ideas and do business with LA-based industry execs working on international English-language projects.
Many of the most experienced and highest-level industry professionals in America and Europe will take part as speakers during the Inside Pictures programme. In LA, regular Inside Pictures supporters Rich Delia, Steve Golin and Hannah Minghella will be sharing their expertise once more. New Speakers for 2017 include Ann Johnson of The Littlefield Company, producers of THE HANDMAID'S TALE; Ray Mansfield and Sean McKittrick of QC Entertainment, the company behind breakout hit, GET OUT; and the agency session this year is hosted by CAA. See the website www.inside-pictures.com for a complete list of speakers who include, in the U.S:
· Adam Fogelson, STX Entertainment
· Alan Brunswick, Manatt Phelps and Phillips LLP
· Amotz Zakai, Echo Lake Productions
· Amy Zvi, Thruline Entertainment
· Ann Johnson, TheLittlefield Company
· Anne Thompson, Indiewire
· Bert Hamelinck, Caviar Content
· Bryan Noon, Netflix
· Craig Emanuel, Loeb & Loeb
· Dana Archer, DDA
· David Koplan, Red Granite
· Eddie Cunningham, Universal Pictures Worldwide Home Entertainment
· Hannah Minghella, Sony / Tristar Productions
· Jairo Alvarado, Circle of Confusion
· Jennifer Levine, Untitled Entertainment
· Joannie Burstein, The Burstein Company
· Kieran Breen, 20th Century Fox International
· Lawrence Atkinson, DDA
· Louise Chater, Sony Entertainment
· Marc Gareton, Warner Bros.
· Orian Williams, Northsee
· Raymond Mansfield, QC Entertainment
· Rebecca Kearey, QC Fox Searchlight International
· Rich Delia, Casting Director / Owner
· Ryan Wickers, Independent
· Sean McKittrick, QC Entertainment
· Steve Golin, Anonymous Content
· Tracey Becker, Beachfront Films
· Will Davies, Screenwriter
Inside Pictures has developed a strong reputation for selecting the film business luminaries of tomorrow, and is renowned for the high calibre of its participants and speakers. The participants are all senior European industry executives with extensive experience in the film industry, running their own companies or working for some of the most respected firms in the sector.
This year’s participants are:
· Petr Bílek – Producer / Managing Director, FilmBrigade, Czech Republic
· Nina Bisgaard – Head of International Financing and Co-production, META FILM / SAM Productions, Denmark
· Marisa Clifford – CEO (UK / Europe) / Founder, Pulse Films, United Kingdom
· Sophie Doherty – Sales Manager – Theatrical Film, Walt Disney Studios, United Kingdom
· Nicky Earnshaw – Production Executive, Film4, United Kingdom
· Alexandra Hoesdorff – Producer / Partner, Deal Productions, Luxembourg
· Giorgos Karnavas – Producer / Owner, Heretic, Greece
· Kurban Kassam – Producer, Freelance, United Kingdom
· Charlie Kemball – International Sales Executive, Altitude Film Sales, United Kingdom
· Maximilian Leo – Producer / CEO, augenschein Filmproduktion, Germany
· Davide Nardini – International Affairs – TV and Film, Palomar, Italy
· Andrew Nerger – Head of Sales, The Movie Partnership, United Kingdom
· Leontine Petit – CEO / Producer, Lemming Film BV, The Netherlands
· Nish Panchal – Agent, Curtis Brown, United Kingdom
· Ann Phillips – Development Executive, House Productions, United Kingdom
· Andrea Scarso – Fund Managing Director, Ingenious Media, United Kingdom
· Tobias Alexander Seiffert – Acquisitions / Co-productions, Tobis Film GmbH, Germany
· Gabija Siurbyte – Producer / Co-Owner, Dansu, Lithuania
· Faith Taylor – Senior Marketing Manager, Entertainment One UK, United Kingdom
· Naomi Wallwork – Freelance Business Affairs, Focus Features, United Kingdom
Four of this year’s cohort are producers or executive producers on some of the TIFF 2017 line-up: Alexandra Hoesdorff for HIGH FANTASY; Kurban Kassam for THE HUNGRY; Nina Bisgaard for THE WIFE, starring Glenn Close and Maximilian Leo for SAMI SONG and ANA, MON AMOUR.
Previous years’ alumni are also connected to films that have made the TIFF selection: Bart Van Langendonck (Class of 2014) for LE FIDÈLE and Daniel Campos Pavoncelli (Class of 2015) for THE LEISURE SEEKER. Leon Clarence (Class of 2011) and Laure Vaysse (Class of 2012) produced and financed TIFF world premiere KODACHROME.
Inside Pictures is an ambitious and highly regarded programme that takes place in LA and London. The programme will bring the group of 20 participants to meet the Los Angeles film industry between 24th and 29th September. The programme is headed up by Julia Short, Director of Content and is presented by the National Film and Television School, in partnership with the MEDIA Programme of the European Union and supported by Creative Skillset’s Film Skills Fund, with BFI’s Film Forever National Lottery Funds.
For further information, contact:
Beatrice Neumann, Programme Director of Operations (Maternity Cover): email@example.com / +44 7906 130 394.
Vicky Hewlett, Head of PR and Communications, National Film and Television School: firstname.lastname@example.org