The NFTS has affirmed its place as the No. 1 international film school by winning prizes in all three categories at the CILECT Global Film School Awards.
The School won Best Documentary for Honey On Wounds, Best Animation for The Bigger Picture – and was awarded 2nd prize for Best Fiction film for Slap.
This is the second time that the NFTS has taken top place in these prestigious awards, which are voted on by 159 of the world’s major film and television schools from 60 countries. In 2013, the NFTS made history by becoming the first school to win 1st prize in ALL three categories.
The news comes hot on the heels of other recent awards including:
• The Cartoon d’Or (Europe’s leading award for animation) for The Bigger Picture directed by Daisy Jacobs.
• A hatrick of awards for three NFTS films at the Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival: Patriot directed by Eva Riley & produced by Michelangelo Fano has won the NAHEMI Prize for Creative Filmmaking. In the
NextGen Skills Academy Best of British Award, Edmond directed by Nina Gantz & produced by Emilie Jouffroy won Best Animation and Manoman directed by Simon Cartwright & produced by Kamilla Kristiane Hodol received an Honourable Mention.
If you would like to study at the NFTS, we still have places on these MA courses in 2016:
- Digital Effects for film and television- Apply by October 19th
- Games Design & Development - Apply by October 19th
- NEW Film Studies Programming and Curation in partnership with the BFI. This course includes an internship at the BFI in London and attendance at the BFI London Film Festival. Apply by November 2nd.
Congratulations to all of the filmmakers in the CILECT awards:
Honey on Wounds:
Director/Producer/DoP Iulia Stoian;
Production Manager Stephanie Paeplow;
Editor Sibila Estruch;
Sound Mixer Natasha Roper;
Sound Editor/Rerecording Mixer Neo Peterson;
Composer Arran Price;
Online Editor/Grade Ram Tripathi
The Bigger Picture:
Writer/Director/Animator Daisy Jacobs;
Producer Chris Hees;
Co-Writer Jennifer Majka;
DoP Max Williams;
Designer Elo Soode;
Production Assistant Gemma Priggen;
Editor Vera Simmonds;
VFX Artist Janusz Tomczyk;
Sound Editor/Rerecording Mixer Jonas Andreas Jensen;
Composer Huw Bunford;
VFX Supervisor/Online Editor/Grade Ross Allen
Director Nick Rowland;
Producer Michelangelo Fano;
Writer Islay Bell-Webb;
DoP Sverre Sordal;
Editor Mark Hamill;
Designer Laura Mickiewicz;
Composer Terence Dunn;
Sound Designer/Recordist Matis Rei;
Colourist Ioannis Sariktzis;
Production Coordinator Caroline Houghton;
Boom Operator Corrado Riccomini (current student)