Directing The Short Film
Duration 2 Days
Commitment 10:00 - 17:30
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
It's so easy today to just go out and make a short film however it’s rare to create a great short film that truly engages with an audience. Col Spector who has written and directed shorts and features that have all been released in the cinema (in the UK and the States) leads you through the good, the bad and the ugly of making short films with the ultimate goal of creating shorts that audiences, festivals and distributors will love.
This seminar based course will cover areas such as:
- Avoiding short film cliches
- Would you pay to watch it?
- Is it better to be funny or serious?
- Using improv in the writing
- Playing with irony
- Should a short follow the 3 act structure?
- Other screenwriting rules
- Improving your script
- The casting process
- Professional actors versus non-professionals
- Directing the actors
- Do you shoot it differently to a movie?
- Editing, music and sound design
- Launching your career
Freelance Rate: £525
Corporate Rate: £995
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications. If you would like to register your interest in this course, please do so here.