The NFTS Directing Workshop, is a ground-breaking diversity initiative, which aims to increase the number of women, BAME and people with disabilities working in screen directing.
If creating film is your passion and you want to raise your craft and make a film, apply to the NFTS Directing Workshop, today.
Application Deadline: 19 February 2017
Reasons to apply:
- Take your film-making career to the next level with this unique workshop at ‘The world’s best film school’ The Observer
- It's free!
- Direct a short film with all production costs covered by the school.
- Benefit from the NFTS' facilities.
- Receive a guaranteed interview for NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA.
- Get taught by top industry professionals.
The NFTS is looking for talented female, BAME and disabled filmmakers to apply for the NFTS Directing Workshop.
If you’re currently working professionally in screen directing and want to take your career to the next level then this is the opportunity for you. We’re looking for 6 filmmakers to take part in a two-day introductory session in March followed by intensive training in narrative filmmaking in an innovative, four-week workshop during the summer, which will result in the production of a short film. All participants are guaranteed an interview for the NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA.
There will be no course fees and NFTS will cover all production costs; inter-School networking will also be facilitated to help crew the films across all disciplines from producing to editing and sound.
You must fulfil these criteria:
- The scheme is aimed at women and people from BAME backgrounds and those with disabilities.
- You must be a UK national and able to commit to the programme for its duration. And in particular the initial 2 day workshop in March and the full 4 week workshop in June, and post production in July.
- The scheme is for people of talent who have either directed or written or performed in screen theatre or the arts already, whether as an amateur or professionally.
- You need to be 19 plus years of age.