Introduction to DIT & Data Wrangling
Duration 1 day
Course dates 12 Dec 2018 - 12 Dec 2018
Application deadline Book Now
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
This one-day course, led by Grant McPhee, is designed to give you an introduction to data management in film and television.
You will learn how to confidently handle a tapeless workflow on a shoot from data leaving the camera through to arrival at post. You will get hands-on experience during the course, preparing you for the role of the Digital Imaging Technician and an opportunity to cover more advanced DIT skills.
The course will cover:
- An overview of current digital camera formats and codecs
- How to create a workflow document to insurance recognised standards
- How to securely transfer, organise and back-up camera data to recognised industry standards
- LUT overview
- Simple colour correction and transcoding of data for editorial requirements
- An overview of more advanced skills such as Live Onset colour correcting, LUT creation, Filter Management and Lens Exposure control
How to apply
Application deadline: Book Now
This course is now fully booked and a waiting list is in operation.
You may still apply and may be awarded a place in the event that someone can no longer attend.