Event Type:Open Day
Event Date:Tue, October 29, 2019 10:45 to 13:30
Models and MoCo; the Secrets of Seamless Special Effects
These two unique courses, have joined forces to bring you a fascinating morning on model making and motion control. This is a great opportunity to experience first-hand what these courses have to offer, what it’s like to work in an interdisciplinary, filmmaking environment, and what it could do for your career.
The morning consists of the following:
- Welcome from Head of Model Making, John Lee (Star Wars, Isle of Dogs) and Head of DFX, John Rowe (over 30 years’ experience in the DFX and education industries)
- The model making process in action - visit our workshop, see how the models are created and used in a film shoot
- Digital effects uncovered - meet our DFX students who will demonstrate motion control techniques with a green screen and then show how they are interlinked with the models, and watch the finished sequence
- Q&A – your opportunity to ask any questions
- Tour of the BAFTA award-winning NFTS and funding advice
Places are limited, so sign up early to avoid disappointment.