Event Type:Open Day
Event Date:Tue, October 29, 2019 10:45 to 13:30
Models and MoCo; the Secrets of Seamless Special Effects
These two unique courses, have joined forces to bring you a fascinating morning on model making and motion control. This is a great opportunity to experience first-hand what these courses have to offer, what it’s like to work in an interdisciplinary, filmmaking environment, and what it could do for your career.
The morning consists of the following:
- Welcome from Head of Model Making, John Lee (Star Wars, Isle of Dogs) and Head of DFX, John Rowe (over 30 years’ experience in the DFX and education industries)
- Visit the Model making workshop, and see this year’s model street scene, set up, prior to shooting, and see how textures, and details were created. Meet the current model making students on the 1 year diploma course.
- Digital effects uncovered - meet our DFX students who will discuss how miniatures can be filmed using motion control techniques with a green screen, then watch breakdowns and a finished sequence
- Q&A – your opportunity to ask any questions
- Tour of the BAFTA award-winning NFTS
Places are limited, so sign up early to avoid disappointment.