NFTS Leeds: Introduction to TV Development - Online
Duration 2 days
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Interested in a career in TV Development, but want to know more? This two-day course is designed to provide you with valuable insights into one of the most creatively rewarding roles in the television industry.
Rewarding, yes. But it’s also one of the most competitive. So how can you stand out from the crowd? What combination of personal qualities and practical skills are required to make your mark?
You may already be working in production or looking for your first break into the industry. Either way, this course will get you motivated, creative and focused!
Over the two days we will explore:
- The Commissioning Process
- Development Roles
- The key stages of Development
- The core skills of the Development Researcher
- VT case studies: Development Researchers explain how they broke into the industry
- How to regularly generate plenty of ideas and keep your boss happy!
- The Development ‘toolbox’ that you can apply to shape your ideas once you have them
- How to work successfully as part of a Development team
- How to manage your career in Development
Course leader: Simon Broadley has worked in Development for broadcasters including BBC, ITV, STV, IMG, LWT and Sky and for indies including September Films and Hotbed Media. For the past 7 years, Simon has also been the Course Leader for the NFTS Factual Development & Production Diploma, a year-long, part-time course sponsored by Discovery.
How to apply
Application deadline:Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be informed of future dates.