NFTS Scotland: Camera Assisting
Duration 3 days
Commitment 09.30 - 17.30
Course dates Coming Soon
Application deadline Coming Soon
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligibleBegin your application
Supported by Progressive Broadcast Hire, Glasgow
Face-to-face delivery (subject to government guidelines allowing) with COVID-19 protocols in place
Read our commitment to keep you safe while training with us
This highly practical course, developed specially for delivery in Scotland, will help you better understand where the Camera Assistant’s role fits into the wider Film and TV crew, and the impact of COVID-19 on operations within the camera department.
Led by Director of Photography, Alan McSheehy, through practical exercises, you will gain experience working with actors, industry professionals and understand the equipment, processes and practices involved in assisting the camera team.
It is ideal for junior employees and freelancers working in the Film and TV industries and those wanting to get a foothold on the first rung of the career ladder.
The course covers:
- An overview of the camera department and roles within it
- Industry standard camera equipment and accessories
- Identifying kit required for a project
- Checking and testing equipment
- Setting up equipment for a shoot, including practical drama exercises with actors
- Reviewing rushes
- The Camera Assistant's equipment list
- The impact of COVID-19 on camera department operations