NFTS Scotland: The Film Marketing Series Online
Duration 5 evenings
Course dates 03 Mar 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
Application deadline Book Now
Begin your application
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
Are you interested in a career in film marketing? Or do you need to connect your film to audiences?
Delivered by experienced experts working in the industry right now, this practical, how-to course introduces you to the key considerations in marketing a film. By the end of the series of 5 sessions, you will understand the process and what you need to be doing to give your film, or your career, the best chance of success.
- A series of 5 sessions delivered online on Wednesday evenings in March 2021
- A practical, hands on course providing an introduction to film marketing in the UK
- Aimed at participants currently working on film projects or looking to get into film marketing as a career, and filmmakers looking to distribute and market their own films or broaden their understanding in these areas
- Delivered by Deborah Rowland, NFTS Head of Marketing, Distribution, Sales and Exhibition, with lead tutors from the MA course
1. Context – The relationship between film distribution and marketing - Wednesday 3rd March 2021 (18.30 - 20.30)
Delivered by Debbie Rowland - An introduction to the film distribution landscape and the process for releasing a film in today’s market
2. Planning The Campaign - Wednesday 10th March 2021 (18.30 - 20.30)
Delivered by Debbie Rowland - The key steps in planning, positioning and connecting to the audience for your film.
3. The Power of Publicity - Wednesday 17th March (18.30 - 20.30)
Delivered by Jon Rushton - How to use publicity, events and festivals effectively to launch and promote your film
4. Harnessing the Networks - Wednesday 24th March (18.30 - 20.30)
Delivered by Jo Taylor - How to plan and implement successful social media and grass roots marketing campaigns for your film
5. The Heart of a Campaign - Wednesday 31st March (18.30 - 20.30)
Delivered by David Coultas - Factors to consider in creating the most important elements of any film campaign – the poster and trailer
Deborah Rowland has over 28 years’ experience in marketing; theatrical, home entertainment & VOD distribution; international sales; TV; and exhibition. She has held senior marketing and distribution positions across the industry including: Koch Media, Artificial Eye, Curzon Cinemas, Twentieth Century Fox, Disney, Icon Film Distribution, Contender/EOne and The Pearson Group.
Deborah has managed the campaigns for hundreds of films, including: A Separation, Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry, Amour, Antichrist, Apocalypto, Archipelago, Berberian Sound Studios, Fish Tank, Kajaki. The True Story, McCullin, Melancholia, Mid August Lunch, Ong-Bak, Pina, Route Irish, The Class, The Deep Blue Sea, The White Ribbon, We Are Many, We Need To Talk About Kevin, Tony Benn: Will & Testament, Winter’s Bone, Wuthering Heights and 13 Assassins
How to apply
Application deadline: Book Now
This course is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to apply.Begin your application