Introduction to the Film & TV Art Department
Course Dates: 20-24 August 2018
Course Tutor: Mags Horspool
This course provides a general introduction to the Art Department and the role it plays within film and television productions.
This course covers
- An overview of entry level positions within the art department, the skills required and the industry expectations of those positions
- The structure of an art department, the flow of information and the various departments within it
- An introduction to script breakdowns
- An introduction to studio and location set drawing and model-making
- The last few weeks before filming, providing an insight into the final preparations
Mags Horspool, has worked as a Supervising Art Director in features and TV drama for many years. Her credits include Whisky Galore and Sunset Song and she is currently drafting for Outlander (Sony/Starz).
Number of places: 10
Duration: 5 days
Freelance Rate: £625
Corporate Rate: £1150
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for a bursary to contribute to the costs of your course, please read the bursary guidelines below carefully to confirm your eligibility. Once you have applied for your course, bursary applications should be submitted, along with a diversity monitoring form, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the individual course details for bursary deadlines.
Bursary deadline for this course: 5.30pm on Friday 3rd August 2018