NFTS Scotland: Introduction to the Film and TV Art Department
Duration 5 days
Course dates 30 Nov 2020 - 04 Dec 2020
Application deadline 20 Nov 2020
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible.Begin your application
Face-to-face delivery (subject to government guidelines allowing) with Virtual Classroom elements and COVID-19 protocols in place
Read our commitment to keep you safe while training with us
This course provides a general introduction to the Art Department and the role it plays within film and television productions.
This course covers:
- An overview of entry level positions within the art department, the skills required and the industry expectations of those positions
- The structure of an art department, the flow of information and the various departments within it
- An introduction to script breakdowns
- An introduction to studio and location set drawing and model-making
- The last few weeks before filming, providing an insight into the final preparations
The course will be a mix of Virtual Classroom and face-to-face delivery.
About the tutor:
Emer O’Sullivan is a production designer and art director based in Scotland. Her production design credits include the television dramas Shetland, Lip Service and The Small Hand. As art director she has worked on a considerable number of TV dramas including series 1-5 of Outlander, the feature films Under the Skin, Doomsday, Decoy Bride, Running Jump and as draughtsperson on Trainspotting 2. She has been fortunate to work with the directors Danny Boyle, Mike Leigh and Jonathan Glazer.
How to apply
Application deadline: 20 Nov 2020
Please compete the application form to apply. You will also be asked to upload your CV.Begin your application