NFTS Scotland: Introduction to Working in the Assistant Director's Department Online
Duration 5 days
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
This intensive practical course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a successful future career in the Assistant Directors department. The course will be taught by top industry professionals, led by Nick Heckstall-Smith (Churchill, Ex Machina, Skyfall)
This 5-day course will be delivered online, combining virtual classroom learning and practical exercises.
The course will cover:
- The roles and responsibilities of each member of the ADs’ department in pre-production and during the shoot
- Where the department fits in with production and how to work collaboratively with other departments
- The paperwork used by the whole of production as well as department-specific documents
- Set protocol, etiquette and communication skills
- How to break down a script for different purposes
- How to develop a shooting schedule
- The skills required to be a capable and successful Assistant Director
- Health & Safety from the 1st Assistant Director’s perspective and COVID-19 protocols
This course is for anyone wishing to work in the Assistant Director’s department.
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
Please complete the application form to apply. You will be required to upload your CV.