NFTS Scotland: Post-Production Demystified
Duration 2 days
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom accessed via Zoom.
This two day course aims to develop your understanding of the processes involved in professionally post producing audio-visual content.
Through the analysis of typical factual and drama workflows, each stage of post production will be explored from the following perspectives:
• How content is aesthetically and technically enhanced by theprocesses associated with each stage.
• The professionals involved.
• The technology used.
• How each stage relates to the other stages.
• The schedule; how long each process might take and where in the production cycle it occurs.
• Delivery specifications and their impact on post producing content.
You will develop your understanding by critically reviewing factual and drama content from the perspectives offered and be encouraged to apply what you learn to your own practice.
This course is intended for people who work in any role in production and for those aspiring to work in post production.
This course is led by Thérèse Lynch, an Avid editor with many years’ staff and freelance experience, specialising in storytelling and structure. Her experience crosses genres including long-form factual, magazine/formatted factual, children's TV (CBBC and Cbeebies), current affairs, entertainment, music, drama and news.
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be advised of future dates.