NFTS Scotland Sessions: The Location Vocation with Lloret MacKenna Dunn
Duration 1.5 hours
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
Using Netflix film, Eurovision, as a case study, Lloret introduces you to the role of the Supervising Location Manager in Film and TV.
Aimed at anyone interested in working in locations and those already working in locations looking to step up, the session will look at:
- Working on location at the Hydro in Glasgow with each department & location team as they set up the shoot
- Handing over to the Location Manager
- Supervise the 2nd Unit shoot in the Old Town in Edinburgh
- The challenges involved in filming the night shoot in the Old Town
- Team management, drones, road closures, accidents, crowds and what the team were not expecting to happen at The Hydro…
- The potential impacts of Covid-19 on this type of shoot in the future and considerations for the locations department
Lloret MacKenna Dunn is a freelance Supervising Location Manager, who after working for over 25 years in Scotland's Film and TV sector is still relishing the challenges and exhilaration of the industry. Her credits cover a diverse range of productions including Sky Atlantic’s Patrick Melrose, T2 Trainspotting and World War Z. Lloret is also lead tutor on NFTS Scotland's locations courses, Introduction to Locations Management and Scouting for Commercials.
How to apply
Application deadline:Register your interest
This session is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be advised of future dates.