NFTS Scotland Sessions: The Production Series - Film and TV Financing with Paul Sarony
Duration 3 hours
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
This 3-hour session will explore the many routes to financing your project. Aimed at anyone interested in how to finance their project, the session will include:
- Film evaluation via Sales Estimates; Sales Agents to Distributors to Exhibitors; Other Rights;
- Soft Funding- UK Tax Credit; Other soft funding UK and Europe; Double Dip;
- Film funding sources including BFI; Regional Funds; Pre Sales; Distributor Deals; Studio Financing BFI; Channel Four Films; BBC Films; Co Productions with Germany. France, Italy, Spain etc. etc.
- Gap Funders; Gap plus funders; Equity Funds; US Financiers and their pre requisites;
- UK mini studios including Working Title; Pathe; Canal Plus etc.;
- VOD financing HBO; Netflix etc.;
- Cash Flow costs including arrangement fees and interest charges;
- The importance of the IPA and SPV’s.
Paul Sarony is a well-established Producer & Line producer with credits including Show Dog; Vampire Academy – Blood Sisters; The Man Who Would Be Bond; Hysteria, These Foolish Things; Mrs. Brown; Welcome to Sarajevo; Bhaji on the Beach; Hideous Kinky, and The Englishman Went Up A Hill and Came Down A Mountain. He was Production Adviser on the Oscar-winning film Shine and formerly General Manager of HTV International. Paul is a member of the Skillset 100 – a group of experts available to the Skillset Screen Academy network. Paul also leads our Drama Production Management short course.
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
This session is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be advised of future dates.