NFTS Scotland Sessions: The Production Series - Financial Controls with Paul Sarony
Duration 3 hours
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
These sessions covering financial controls in drama production which will include all aspects of Cash flow, PO and Accounts systems, Forecasting, Payroll systems, Cost management and Cost reporting.
The sessions are aimed at anyone who wants to know and understand the financial controls and processes necessary for a well-oiled and financially responsible production.
- The Cash Flow; Vat & Tax;
- Accountants & their required crewing and systems;
The PO system & who controls what budgets: Design; Costume; Location; Lighting; Camera etc;
- Accounts systems including electronic PO, contracting, time sheets etc.;
- The quoting system and best ways to get best deals with best suppliers;
- LP and PM and Accountant ongoing relations - good information in equates to good information out;
- The Forward forecasting role of the accountant;
- Spread Sheet controls for cost management including Hotels, Per Diems, Travel, Catering, Extras, Overtime, Additional Labour and Facilities, Overtime etc.;
- Payroll systems and costs of same and electronic systems associated with them including Engine etc.;
- Reporting including Wrap Reports, Hot Costs, Progress Report and Cost Reporting
Paul Sarony is a well-established Producer & Line producer with credits including Show Dog; Vampire Academy – Blood Sisters; The Man Who Would Be Bond; Hysteria, These Foolish Things; Mrs. Brown; Welcome to Sarajevo; Bhaji on the Beach; Hideous Kinky, and The Englishman Went Up A Hill and Came Down A Mountain. He was Production Adviser on the Oscar-winning film Shine and formerly General Manager of HTV International. Paul is a member of the Skillset 100 – a group of experts available to the Skillset Screen Academy network. Paul also leads our Drama Production Management short course.
How to apply
Application deadline:Register your interest
This session is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be advised of future dates.