NFTS Scotland: Set Ready: Locations Online
Duration 3 days
Commitment 10.00 - 16.00
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
This three-day online course welcomes anyone wanting to discover what it takes to work on set as part of a dynamic Locations team.
With film and TV production growing in Scotland, this is an ideal time to find out if you have what’s needed to become part of this resourceful and creative department.
Using a mixture of theory and practical exercises, the course will take you through a typical production to provide an insight into the differing roles within the Locations department and how they fit together to support filming.
Created and delivered by Supervising Location Manager Lloret MacKenna Dunn, who has been working for over 25 years in Scotland's Film and TV sector including work on Eurovision, Patrick Melrose, T2 Trainspotting and World War Z, the course covers:
- How the Locations team fits into the production
- The practical and organizational skills required
- Sourcing locations
- Adapting to an evolving script
- Thinking creatively
- Taking and storing location photographs
- Managing production recces
- Working to deadlines and dealing with pressure
- Preparing locations for filming
- Negotiating with location owners
- Liaising with other departments and suppliers
- Providing the equipment needed on set and at base
The course is aimed at those interested in entering the diverse, intense and hugely rewarding world of the locations department. A mixture of those with experience including new entrants welcome. Tenacity, creativity and great people skills are vital!
How to apply
Application deadline:Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest to be advised of future dates.