Directing The Short Film
Course Dates: 11-12 June 2018
Course Tutor: Col Spector
It's so easy today to just go out and make a short film. However, it’s rare to create a great short film that truly engages an audience. Col Spector, who has written and directed shorts and features that have all been released in the cinema (in the UK and the USA), leads you through the good, the bad and the ugly of making short films with the ultimate goal of creating shorts that audiences, festivals and distributors will love.
This course covers
- Avoiding short film clichés
- Would you pay to watch it?
- Is it better to be funny or serious?
- Using improvisation in the writing
- Playing with irony
- Should a short follow the 3 act structure?
- Other screenwriting rules
- Improving your script
- The casting process
- Professional actors versus non-professionals
- Directing the actors
- Do you shoot it differently to a feature film?
- Editing, music and sound design
- Launching your career