Introduction to the Film & TV Art Department
Course Dates: 20-24 August 2018
Course Tutor: Mags Horspool
This course provides a general introduction to the Art Department and the role it plays within film and television productions.
This course covers
- An overview of entry level positions within the art department, the skills required and the industry expectations of those positions
- The structure of an art department, the flow of information and the various departments within it
- An introduction to script breakdowns
- An introduction to studio and location set drawing and model-making
- The last few weeks before filming, providing an insight into the final preparations
The tutor, Mags Horspool, has worked as a Supervising Art Director in features and TV drama for many years. Her credits include Whisky Galore and Sunset Song and she is currently drafting for Outlander (Sony/Starz).
Number of places: 10
Duration: 5 days
Freelance Rate: tbc
Corporate Rate: tbc