Post-Production Demystified:- ONLINE
Duration 2 days
Course dates 07 Jul 2020 - 08 Jul 2020
Application deadline Book Now
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
Delivered in the NFTS Scotland Virtual Classroom accessed via Zoom.
This two day course aims to develop your understanding of the processes involved in professionally post producing
Through the analysis of typical factual and drama workflows, each stage of post production will be explored from the following perspectives:
• How content is aesthetically and technically enhanced by theprocesses associated with each stage.
• The professionals involved.
• The technology used.
• How each stage relates to the other stages.
• The schedule; how long each process might take and where in the production cycle it occurs.
• Delivery specifications and their impact on post producing content.
You will develop your understanding by critically reviewing factual and drama content from the perspectives offered and be encouraged to apply what you learn to your own practice.
This course is intended for people who work in any role in production and for those aspiring to work in post production.
This course is led by Thérèse Lynch, an Avid editor with many years’ staff and freelance experience, specialising in storytelling and structure. Her experience crosses genres including long-form factual, magazine/formatted factual, children's TV (CBBC and Cbeebies), current affairs, entertainment, music, drama and news.