Scriptwriting for Film & Television
Duration 6 days
Commitment 10:00 - 17:30
Course dates 24 Nov 2021 - 01 Dec 2021Begin your application
This consistently sold-out intensive screenwriting workshop (with the weekend off to prepare the assigned homework), is aimed at writers who would like to improve their chances of gaining commissions to write scripts for feature film and television drama.
"Excellent course... A years' knowledge in six days"
"Loved every minute of it - even the hours when I was hungry!"
The emphasis of the course is on narrative; within this framework, issues of form, action, dialogue, characterisation, image and sound will be analysed and discussed.
The course will include, amongst other things:
- Working to a brief: treatment, synopses, adaptations
- Practical advice on layouts and presentation of scripts.
- Analysis of key sequences from a variety of films
- De-constructing script passages
- Meetings with other established writers and writers' agents on the demands and expectations of the industry, which includes how to sell yourself and market your script
- Overnight and weekend writing assignments by all participants is essential in order to gain the maximum benefit from the course.
Those who want to apply for the course should submit, along with their application, a two page treatment for an idea they intend developing, or a piece of work already completed, should also be submitted - this can be emailed direct to email@example.com
Successful applicants should be prepared to work long hours over this period in order to gain the maximum amount they can from the course. Participants will be expected to write each evening of the course, as well as prepare for their final exercise over the weekend which separates the course days.
This is a practical course in which we help develop an idea that you have for a script. Therefore, please bring along your idea(s), no matter how crazy they are!
Freelance Rate: £875
Corporate Rate: £1600