Led by award-winning Director/SP Livia Russell this brilliant course looks at the processes involved in producing television documentaries and factual programmes. Participants will discuss how to present their ideas and who to target and will look at the various deals available for financing and how to best negotiate these.
Areas covered will include:
- The market place
- The role of the independent producer
- Research and development
- Pitching, selling and packaging your idea
- Budgets and cost control
- Effective scheduling
- Insurance; Health and Safety
- Copyright and legal issues (content, compliance, libel and defamation)
- Staffing your production and keeping control of it!
- Co-production deals
All course contributors are working professionals who are specialists in their own area.