The Hollywood Reporter - the leading magazine for the film industry - has recently named the NFTS No.1 in its list of the top 15 international film schools.
The NFTS is a full-time working production house, set in Film and TV studios in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, just outside London and easily accessible by train/bus. At the NFTS, people are at the heart of what we do. We’re an Inclusive employer and are committed to equality of opportunity, and building a culturally diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.
For nearly half a century, the NFTS has developed some of Britain and the world’s top creative talent. It is widely acknowledged to be the top school of its kind in the UK and one of the best internationally. In 2018, the NFTS was awarded both the BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema and the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education.
Junior Stores Assistant
Responsible to: Stores Manager
The Technical Stores are responsible for storage, issue and repair of a wide range of professional film making equipment including lighting, audio, digital and film cameras. As an integral member of the Stores team there are a number of duties which you will be responsible for on a day-to-day basis. These include:
- Operation and fault finding of a wide range of the kit mentioned above,
- Cross referencing the paper booking form and the electronic booking system to insure that students are issued with the correct equipment,
- Raising purchase orders for the replacement of lost or damaged equipment,
- Checking, preparing and issuing camera, sound, and lighting equipment to staff and students,
- Checking equipment upon return for missing items, faults or damage.
- Liaising with various departments within the school including Engineering and Finance to arrange replacement or repair of lost or damaged equipment.
- Keeping the filing system up to date and organised
- An understanding in operational use of at least one of the following: Film Cameras including 16mm, Digital Cinematography cameras including Arri Alexa, Documentary cameras including Sony FS7, Professional Sound Recorders including Sound Devices and associated microphones and technology.
- Experience of booking systems and checking in and out equipment in a stores type environment.
- A team player who is organised, energetic, flexible, with the ability to multi task within a fast paced and busy department.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A friendly manner and good customer service skills.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft systems. Experience of Excel and Outlook (or similar) would be an advantage.
- A passion for the film, TV and games industries, and a desire to assist students in their studies.
To apply for this role, please email your CV, cover letter and our Equal Opportunities form to Recruitment@nfts.co.uk. Please provide details of your salary expectation in your covering letter.
Closing date for applications is midday on Tuesday 26th May 2020.
At the NFTS, people are at the heart of what we do. We’re an inclusive employer and are committed to equality of opportunity, and building a culturally diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds.
If you are interested in being a visiting tutor please email your CV to email@example.com