About Access NFTS
Access NFTS is a national outreach programme designed to engage, inform and inspire a wider generation of potential creative talent.
Designed and delivered by the National Film and Television School, Access NFTS wants to encourage more people to follow a career path into our industry. We want to work with both those who are already interested in careers in film, television and games, and help those who haven't discover a whole world of new career opportunities behind the camera.
We think that a career in the industry can be a reality for all, whatever your background, experience or circumstances. Whether you are a school leaver, university student/graduate, or someone looking for a career change, Access NFTS is here to help you discover your options and realise your potential.
Access NFTS is open to all those aged 18 and over. We want to engage with those already interested in a career in the industry, as well as those not yet aware of the available opportunities.
We want to work with groups traditionally under-represented in both Higher Education and the film, TV and games industry. These include groups based on
Age | Disability | Gender | Ethnicity | Sexual orientation | Location in the UK | Socio-economic status | Care experience
We also would like to work closely with communities such as Gypsy, Roma, Travellers and Refugees and Asylum seekers
Access NFTS is predominantly an outreach programme, but also supports work to improve diversity and inclusion within the NFTS student body. All activity is continually evaluated to meet the following objectives:
- Increase awareness of the NFTS.
- Increase knowledge of careers, and their relevant pathways, within the film, TV and games industry.
- Raise aspirations of those interested in the film, TV and games industry.
- Improve attitudes towards the accessibility of Higher Education/Film School, as well as the inclusivity of the film, TV and games industry overall.
- Learn about and develop necessary skills for the film, TV and games industry.
- Enhance awareness of financial, mental health, disability and general student support available within the NFTS.
- Widen participation and diversity of engagement, applications, and intake at the NFTS.