Access NFTS: On Tour
Maybe coming to a town, city or region near you!
Access NFTS travels around the country throughout the year, stopping at a new destination each time.
Designed for schools, colleges, universities and the general public... there's something for everyone. Each event will focus on a different subject area and each tour event will take place over 2 or 3 consecutive days.
Access NFTS: UK Tour
If you are a college, university, school or organisation and think you would benefit from a workshop or masterclass from us, please do get in touch.
We deliver 3 styles of 'On Tour' events throughout the year
Click on the titles in the tabs below for more information on each.
Each year we will visit 3 regions across the UK. Each regional event is in collaboration with one of our NFTS locations across the UK, These are:
During our visit we would love to see as many people as possible - travel time depending! However each year we will try to focus on a different area within the region.
Available over 2 consecutive days, we offer workshops and/or masterclasses to local universities, colleges or organisations interested in the film, TV and games industry. These sessions can be anything from 30 minutes to 2 hours in length and can be a mix of presentations and interactive workshops depending on the venue, subject and numbers involved.
We will also run a public event on the Saturday, open to all and hosted in a central location to the area(s) visited.
- There will be 3 workshops to choose from, each focused on a different career area in the industry
- We offer morning, afternoon or evening slots.
- Workshops subject areas will be released approximately 1 month prior to the event.
Here are the current details of our Regional Tour plans for 23/24 academic year
- TBC: NFTS Scotland - Dundee and surrounding areas
- Mar 14 - Mar16 : NFTS Leeds - Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham
- May 16 - May 18 : NFTS Cymru Wales - Central and North Wales
Each year we visit a variety of cities for 2 consecutive days, offering FREE workshops and/or talks to colleges and community organisations within each city.
How the visits work
1. Pick a slot :Each day there will be 3 slots available
- Morning | 8.30 -11.30
- Afternoon | 12:00 - 15:30
- Early Evening | 16:00 - 19:00
2. Pick your session(s). There are two types to choose from
Talk : "Creating Your Future" (30 Minutes) No Maximum number
- Led by NFTS Creative Business Students this talk will include
- Why Film School and Careers in the Creative industries is a possibility for all
- Pathways into the industry
- How to access information on creative industries
- Information on support available (scholarships and funding )
- What it is to be enterprising and entrepreneurial
This session hopes to engage, inform and inspire students to think about a career in the creative industries
Workshop : "Thinking outside the box" (1 Hour) 25-30 students maximum
- Led by NFTS Creative Business Students this workshop will include a variety of activities, including
- Breaking down stereotypes
- Can you be a Career Influencer?
- Social Media, Who, What, How, Why?
- Bringing ideas to life
- The Pitch Deck
Timings can be flexible, depending on travel time between venues. We can discuss with you what would work best.
We would really like to work with groups traditionally underrepresented in both Higher Education and the Creative Industries.
Upcoming dates and locations are:
- Dec 7 | Dec 8 : Brighton
- Feb 1 | Feb 2 : Bournemouth
- Apr 18 | Apr 19 : Norwich
- June 20 | June 21 : Plymouth
If you are interested in us coming to you to run a free session please get in touch
As well as our scheduled nationwide events, we also support activity within schools, colleges and large regional events around the country. Below is where you will see us in the upcoming months
|November 16||Ashlyns School, Berkhamsted|
|November 24||Pinewood Studios Futures Festival, Iver|
|November 25||Pinewood Studios Futures Festival, Iver|
If you would like us to support an event, please don't hesitate to contact us
We are looking forward to seeing you at the these events.
To see more from our our previous events, you can find images and details on our Instagram page and be sure to follow us to hear about future opportunities.