BRAND NEW SESSION!
Over the 2 hours, we will embark on a journey to explore the art of directing actors, from an actor's perspective.
Delivered by Crystal Yu, a British East Asian actor-director based between London, Hong Kong and China.
As a Director, Crystal’s work has garnered critical acclaim. She has been nominated for Best Director and her work have been selected in film festivals worldwide.
As an Actor, Crystal has recently completed filming with BAFTA Award winner Jason Watkins and Academy Award-winning composer Stephen Warbeck in The One Note Man. She also led alongside Guy Pearce in the upcoming thriller Sunrise.
Her recent projects include Good Omens 2 for Amazon, Doctor Who, The Sandman and The Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby for Netflix, Soulmates for AMC, BBC’s Casualty and many more. She also starred alongside Claudia Black in Deus, a thrilling space adventure set in the orbit of Mars.
Crystal is one of the Arts and Culture finalists at the 2020 Asian Women of Achievement Awards.
- A brief overview of some of the more popular acting techniques
- Collaborative relationship: creating a safe environment for actors
- Effective communication: active listening and giving clear and specific feedback
- Practical directing strategies: from scene and character analysis to dealing with actor insecurities and resistance
- Discussion: triggering personal emotional life - yay or nay?
- Q & A and final thoughts
Whether you are an aspiring Director, Writer or Filmmaker, this course will provide you with the foundational knowledge needed to work effectively with actors and enhance the quality of your productions.
Please fill in the application form, uploading your CV
If you need any assistance please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01494 677 903
Full payment (Freelance Rate) taken upon application