A dedicated film business training and leadership skills development programme.
Inside Pictures offers producers and executives a career acceleration programme working with some of the most accomplished production talent in the UK and in the US. The concentrated course deconstructs tried and tested leadership strategies, offers mentoring for more effective interpersonal leadership skills while expanding the participant's business network.
“Inside Pictures was an eye-opener for me! As an independent producer I now have a much better grasp of how international co-productions are pitched and financed. From the nitty gritty to the big picture, Inside Pictures ups your game dramatically!”
Inside Pictures is for executives and producers from both industries and is designed to develop the practical knowledge, skills and high-level contacts needed to lead successful businesses.
It has been Europe’s leading film business training and leadership skills development programme for almost 20 years. In 2022, its 19th year, the programme pivoted once again to include the television industry, as it continues to be an essential component of any film business.
Inside Pictures is designed to develop and enhance participants’ understanding of the global film and television businesses by giving you a 360-degree perspective on the industry. The programme will extend their network of high-level contacts, raise their profile and help them to become skilled, knowledgeable and adaptable leaders.
This modular course takes place in London and Los Angeles, and combines meetings with industry leaders, seminars, case studies, studio and other off-site visits.
Among other topics, the programme will cover:
- An overview of the global film and TV businesses and the key players
- The key financial considerations and controls which can determine success or failure
- Comparing and understanding global sales and distribution opportunities
- Theatrical release campaigns and strategies
- Home entertainment, online and ancillary markets
- Marketing strategies and finding your audience
- Understanding the US marketplace, studio system and agents
- Raising finance and understanding revenue flows
- Key legal, business affairs and accounting considerations
- Commercial and creative considerations during development and production
- The acquisitions process
- The commissioning process
- The digital landscape
- Core leadership and management skills, including business planning, and corporate strategy
- Personal presentation techniques and negotiation skills
Inside Pictures is for film and television executives and producers who have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in the international film industry. This programme is for those who wish to take their career to the next level, expand their business networks, further their leadership skills and business strategy.
Applicants will range from experienced film producers who may want to diversify their business and build a television division, to those who would like to know more about to exploit the IP they hold, or they may be at a crossroads in their career and wondering how to make inroads to the US market.
More information and application deadline information can be found on the Inside Pictures website.