BiteSized@NFTS: Story Structure
Duration 2 Hours
Commitment 18:30 - 20:30
Course dates 03 Nov 2020 - 03 Nov 2020
Begin your application
A standalone two hour lecture which is based on classical story structure principals for feature films.
This will include:
- Three act structure, inciting incidents, mid points etc.
- Sequencing breakdowns of popular feature films.
- How character flaws and wants inform choices and authentically dictate structure
- How a film establishes external, internal and philosophical stakes
- How these three stakes climax effectively in a third act
- Analysis of well known films which utilize these classical principals to great effect and are the reason we continue to re-watch them.
This online session is delivered by Toby Fell-Holden a British writer-director based between New York and London. He has taught filmmaking and masterclasses at Columbia, NYU, MetFilm, Queen Marys University, and he is a visiting fellow at Arts Uni Bournemouth. He is a Screen International Star of Tomorrow for 2016 and a Film London Lodestar of 2020, and has been awarded fellowships from the Moving Picture Institute and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Freelance Rate: £50
Corporate Rate: £100
Feedback from other online training we have provided include:
“I probably felt more comfortable doing this course over Zoom than I would have standing up in person reciting the same stories.”
“This course was delivered remotely and I was surprised at how well it worked. I felt at ease being at home and lost no focus. I felt that I was actually more honest about my faults and it gave a more informal feel”
“A really great inspiring course with a very likeable course leader”
“Tutor had a very good structure and was passionate about their subject. I felt engaged and informed throughout.”
“The practice sessions were my favourite part. We got to think on our feet and really put the teachings to the test. The tasks set were easy to follow but hard enough that you really had to think to complete them”
How to apply
Full payment will be taken via Secure Trading upon applicationBegin your application