Over this three-day course we will take you through the pre-production and shooting stages of drama directing, and how to effectively and efficiently plan and prepare for the production of high-end drama and continuing drama.
We will give in-depth insights into the processes of film-making from the perspective of the television drama director, however this course is also relevant to single-camera comedy directing.
Whether your goal is to expand and enhance your existing skills or to make the transition from short films, documentaries, commercials, indie features or studio directing, this course will allow you to explore the essential craft, technical and professional aspects of the role. You will get a ‘real world’ understanding of the lifestyle and work of a drama director, and how to successfully approach this demanding and challenging job.
As a participant you will develop your skills as a director through a range of applied creative and technical training that includes:
- The duties and responsibilities of a drama director.
- Script reading, analysis and Director’s notes.
- Director’s planning and prep.
- Casting and directing actors.
- The creative and technical aspects of directing drama.
- Translating the script to the screen.
- Tone, Style and Visual storytelling.
- Blocking, staging and choreography of a scene.
- Collaborating with your Producer and Heads of Department.
- Shooting with two cameras or more.
- How to complete your shooting schedule, whilst delivering story and performance.
Directing Television Drama is for people with a passion for drama directing, who may already have some directing experience and want to further develop their skills, knowledge and confidence in the world of premium drama.
Please fill in the application form, attaching your CV.