This flagship short course from the NFTS provides a thorough understanding of the essential role and responsibilities of the Drama Production Manager across film and HETV, and the principles and practices of the work involved in one of the most exciting and challenging career paths within the screen sector.
On this 5 day course, participants will gain a full practical understanding of the role through seminars, exercises, and guest speaker sessions all based on real-life experience and best practice across industry.
The course tutor is a Drama Production Manager / Line Producer with a wealth of experience of feature film and television drama productions, and specialist speakers will also be invited to impart their knowledge.
Previous course participants have said:
'I learned enormous knowledge on being a PM and how to operate on set. I am motivated to learn more about production. Addie was very kind and patient with us. She gave it her all and it was a productive class.'
- Role, function and responsibilities of a drama production manager
- Overview of breaking down and scheduling a script on Movie Magic Scheduling
- Setting up the production office
- Union Agreements
- The principles of budgeting, introduced on Movie Magic Budgeting
- Contracts, Agreements and Unions
- Cashflows, cost reports and managing money
- Insurance; Completion Bonds; Health and Safety
- Production Design and the Art Department
- The Unit: on location (foreign and at home)
- Locations, Stunts, SFX and Health and Safety
- Progress Reports
- Post-production and deliverables
- Organisational and Project Management Skills
Please fill in the application form, attaching your CV