NFTS Cymru Wales: How To Write a Factual TV Proposal: Online
Duration 1 day
Commitment 10.00 - 17.00
Course dates 01 Nov 2021 - 01 Nov 2021
Application deadline Book NowBegin your application
Delivered in the NFTS Cymru Wales Virtual Classroom, accessed via Zoom.
OK. You’ve got a great idea for a factual or factual entertainment TV series but now you’ve got to create a mouth-watering programme proposal for your show that a commissioning editor is going to want to read and ultimately want to commission.
This combination of words and pictures could be the difference between success and failure. So how do TV development professionals do it?
In this 1-day course, we’ll show you:
- How to create a memorable title and logline for your show
- How to focus on the key selling points of your idea
- How to describe a TV show that doesn’t yet exist – what to include and what to leave out
- How to structure your document to make it easily understood
- How to capture the style and tone of your show and the channel it’s intended for in your writing
- How to vividly present your work
Along the way, we’ll review a variety of professionally produced TV programme proposals.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in creating proposals for factual programmes of all kinds, from daytime series to peak.
Tutor Simon Broadley has worked in Development for broadcasters including BBC, ITV, STV, IMG, LWT and Sky Vision and for indies including September Films and Hotbed Media. For the past 8 years, Simon has also been the Course Leader for the NFTS Factual Development & Production Diploma, a year-long, part-time course sponsored by Discovery.
How to apply
Application deadline:Book Now
Please complete the application form to apply. You will be asked to upload your CV.Begin your application