Supervising Art Directors
Duration 2 Days
Course dates Coming SoonBegin your application
Face-to-face delivery, subject to government guidelines allowing, with COVID-19 protocols in place
In the event that in-person training is not possible we will adapt the content for online delivery
The aim of the two days is for participants to understand the responsibilities of the Supervising Art Director.
This will include breaking down a script, budgeting, the relationship between labour and materials, identifying the division of labour in the Art Department and the demands of the other related departments.
In brief, areas covered are:
- Role function and responsibility of the Supervising Art Director
- Assisting the Production Designer and recruitment of the Art Department
- Breaking down the script and evaluating the schedule. with a view to preparing a budget
- Control of the Art Department budget and management of labour within the department
- Liaising with the Production Department via the Art Department. Overview of clearance matters
- Liaising with Previs/Concept Art/ SFX
- Health and Safety
The course tutor is a working Art Director and Production Designer with a wealth of experience of feature film and television drama productions.
Freelance Rate: £295
Coroporate Rate: £575