Introduction to the Film and TV Art Department
Duration 5 days
Course dates Register your interest
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible.
This course provides a general introduction to the Art Department and the role it plays within film and television productions.
This course covers:
- An overview of entry level positions within the art department, the skills required and the industry expectations of those positions
- The structure of an art department, the flow of information and the various departments within it
- An introduction to script breakdowns
- An introduction to studio and location set drawing and model-making
- The last few weeks before filming, providing an insight into the final preparations
The course is led by Mags Horspool, has worked as a Supervising Art Director in features and TV drama for many years. Her credits include Whisky Galore and Sunset Song and she is currently drafting for Outlander (Sony/Starz).
How to apply
Please register your interest now to be advised of new course dates once they become available.