This course is aimed at individuals with a keen interest in location sound recording. It will suit industry professionals who want a better understanding of film sound recording. This course will provide an introduction to the background knowledge, theory and practical skills required to achieve quality sound for film and television.
During the course you will get to grips with the equipment and techniques used to successfully record sound on location.
By the end of the course you will have developed a greater understanding of the fundamentals of location sound recording and the associated kit.
This Course Covers:
- The essential kit required to achieve good quality location sound recordings
- Safe set up and use of sound recording equipment
- Practical application of sound recording equipment
- Using sound recording equipment indoors and outdoors
- Independent sound recording
- Working methods for drama, documentary and interview shooting
- Microphones - use, tips & techniques
- Location Mixers
- Transferring audio files to monitoring/playback equipment
- Group activities, including reviewing peer work
- First line maintenance
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however a passion for sound recording is essential!
Please fill in the application form, attaching your CV.