Advance your career to the next level!
This Prime Video pathway course, delivered by the NFTS, is completely free, and open to talented females, people from ethnically diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities.
“I've been thinking about going into directing seriously and when this opportunity came up I thought, this is perfect - get funding, support and be taught by the best people in the world for directing. I had to apply.”
The NFTS is looking for talented females, people from ethnically diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities to apply for the Prime Video Directors Workshop.
The Prime Video Directors Workshop is a ground-breaking 12-month course designed specifically to increase the number of people from under-represented groups working in screen directing. Taking the form of an intensive training course in narrative filmmaking, the six participants selected to take part will each create their own original short film during the workshop, which will welcome a new cohort in April 2023.
If you are currently working professionally in screen directing and want to advance your career to the next level, the Prime Video Directors Workshop is the opportunity for you!
- Take your film-making career to the next level with this unique workshop at ‘The World’s Best Film School’ The Observer
- It's free!
- Direct a short film with all production costs covered by the NFTS
- Work with NFTS students and graduates
- Benefit from the NFTS' facilities
- Receive a guaranteed interview for NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA
- Get taught by top industry professionals
- Attend special masterclasses and events
Six filmmakers will be selected to take part in a two-day introductory session (24th and 25th April 2023) followed by intensive training in narrative filmmaking in an innovative, two-week workshop (12th to 23rd June). Production of the film projects will take place in in October/November 2023 with Post Production from November 2023 to February 2024. All participants are guaranteed an interview for the NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA.
2 day workshop
24th and 25th April 2023
(The development of the scripts also start here and continue until shortly before your shoot date.)
2 week workshop
12th to 23rd June 2023
November 2023 to January 2024
The Prime Video Directors Workshop will culminate with a Final Screening held in April 2024 where participants will premiere their films to industry professionals.
You must fulfil these criteria:
- The scheme is aimed at women, people from ethnically diverse backgrounds and those with disabilities.
- You must be a UK national and able to commit to the programme for its duration.
- The scheme is for people of talent who have either directed or written or performed in screen theatre or the arts already, whether as an amateur or professionally.
- You need to be aged 21 or over.
In addition to completing the online application form, applicants must submit the following:
A short film (15 minutes max) which you have directed
or a short script, short play or short story you have written.
Please submit your short film via Vimeo links. The written materials should be sent via email together with the application form.
If you apply with a script please note this script might not be the project you make as part of the workshop, if successful. The film you make will be based on discussion you have during the two day workshop.
You must also indicate on your application if you are a writer/director or are a Director that will work with an NFTS writer.
The application deadline has now passed. Please join our mailing list if you would like to be kept up to date with NFTS news and updates.