Rewriting is one of the core skills needed to be a successful Screenwriter - and in screenwriting, writing is rewriting.
The ability to improve and fix a first draft, to make constant progress with the scripts is vital to the success of any Screenwriter.
Many emergent and new Screenwriters struggle with rewriting and it’s a subject where it’s hard to find clear guidance and techniques.
This course is designed for new and emergent Writers wishing to build a solid foundation of screenwriting skills and knowledge.
In this course, Clive Frayne - Head of Development at Script Compass, will teach you the basic tools and approaches of successful rewriting.
- The most common problems with first drafts, and how to spot them
- How to deal with a passive protagonist
- How to identify plot levers and the problems they indicate
- How to find and solve story problems
- How to use outlines effectively
- The world’s simplest, but most effective, approach to story structure
- How to use the story-chain method to fix scenes
- An easy step-by-step approach to fix a script in less than four drafts
This course is ideal for any Screenwriter who is working on their first or second screenplay, a Writer coming to screenwriting from another discipline, or a self-taught [emergent] Screenwriter who wants to gain core professional skills.
Please fill in the application form, attaching your CV
If you need any assistance please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01494 677 903
Full payment (Freelance Rate) taken upon application