It's so easy today to just go out and make a short film however it’s rare to create a great short film that truly engages with an audience and gets selected for top film festivals.
Col Spector who has written and directed shorts and features that have all been released in the cinema (in the UK and the States) leads you through the good, the bad and the ugly of making short films with the ultimate goal of creating shorts that audiences, festivals and distributors will love.
Previous course Feedback:
“Col was brilliantly intense, which helps you to think about your own ideas in practice and how to craft these into a finished piece.”
“Col is brilliant. He really made me push my mental boundaries and increased my confidence.”
- Avoiding short film cliches
- What do great short films have in common?
- Would you pay to watch it?
- Is it better to be funny or serious?
- Using improv. in the writing
- Playing with irony in the conception and writing
- Should a short follow the 3 act structure?
- Other screenwriting rules
- Improving your script
- The casting process
- Professional actors versus non-professionals
- Directing the actors
- Do you shoot it differently to a movie?
- Editing, music and sound design
- Launching your career
Please fill in the application form, attaching your CV