Location Sound Recording
Duration 5 days
Course dates 12 Nov 2018 - 16 Nov 2018
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
This course is aimed at industry professionals who want a better understanding of film sound recording. This course will provide the background knowledge, theory and practical skills required to achieve broadcast quality sound for film and television.
THIS COURSE COVERS
- Recording sound on location
- Working methods for drama and documentary shooting
- Microphones - use, tips & techniques
- Location Mixers
- Digital video cameras and recorders
- An overview of non-linear and multi-track recording
- First line maintenance
Practical exercises include recording on a documentary and a drama location.
By the end of the course you will be fully equipped with the knowledge of what is technically and creatively required to record sound for film and television.
How to apply
Please apply by completing the application form and submitting your CV to email@example.com.