Duration 1 day
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
This one-day course, led by Grant McPhee, is designed to give you an introduction to data management within film and television.
You will learn how to confidently handle a tapeless workflow on a shoot from the data leaving a camera through to the arrival at post. You will get hands-on experience during the course, preparing you for the role of the Digital Imaging Technician with an emphasis on Data Wrangling.
The course will cover:
- An overview of current digital camera formats and codecs
- An overview of current Hard Drives, SSDs, Cables, Connectors, and software.
- Choosing the correct equipment for a particular job.
- How to create a workflow document to insurance recognized standards
- Introduction to quality control checking
- The politics of a film set: who is who, what to do and when to do it.
- How to securely transfer, organize and back-up camera data to recognized industry standards with a MetaData Overview
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications. Please register your interest here.