NFTS Leeds: Script Reading and Reporting - ONLINE
Duration 2 days
Commitment Two consecutive Friday's
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Register your interest
Delivered online in the NFTS Leeds Virtual Classroom accessed by Zoom, on two consecutive Fridays.
Course Dates: 6th & 13th November 2020
Script reading and reporting is often one of the first steps to breaking into the TV drama or film industry. But it’s an incredibly important job, with readers playing a crucial role in whether a script is accepted or rejected by a production company. Get it right and you can forge great relationships with producers and execs, as well as potentially bagging yourself that elusive first job in development.
But how does one go about writing a successful report? How do you analyze a script if you’ve never worked in drama before? What are companies looking for and how can you make yourself stand out?
This course aims to demystify the process of script analysis, sharpen your report writing skills and help you on your way to getting your first job in the industry.
This intensive, practical course covers:
- An introduction to the key elements of script and story analysis
- An overview of the role script reports play in the industry
- Looking at what production companies want from a successful report
- How to write a report – looking at style, content, and format.
- A practical exercise involving reading a script and writing your own report
- Feedback on the submitted reports
- Discussion of how to break into the industry through script reading
The course is aimed at anyone interested in working in TV drama, with no previous experience necessary. Specifically, this course is for anyone who would like to learn more about the art of writing script reports.
The course runs over two days, with teaching sessions between 10 am and 4 pm. You will be required to do some homework between the two days of the course, and offline exercises during the course.
How to apply
Application deadline: Register your interest
This course is not currently open for applications.