Supported by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures UK
The Diverse Directors Workshop, is a ground-breaking diversity programme, which aims to increase the number of women, BAME and people with disabilities working in screen directing.
If creating film is your passion and you want to raise your craft and make a film, then this is the course for you!
Reasons to apply:
- Take your film-making career to the next level with this unique workshop at ‘The world’s best film school’ The Observer
- It's free!
- Direct a short film with all production costs covered by the school.
- Benefit from the NFTS' facilities.
- Receive a guaranteed interview for NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA.
- Get taught by top industry professionals.
- Attend special masterclasses and events organised by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures UK
The NFTS is looking for talented female, BAME and disabled filmmakers to apply for the Diverse Directors Workshop.
If you’re currently working professionally in screen directing and want to take your career to the next level, then this is the opportunity for you. We’re looking for 6 filmmakers to take part in a two-day introductory session (12th and 13th January 2019) followed by intensive training in narrative filmmaking in an innovative, two-week workshop (25th February – 8th March 2019). Production of the film projects will take place in in Spring 2019 (April/May). Post Production in July and August All participants are guaranteed an interview for the NFTS’ Directing Fiction MA.
There will be no course fees and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures UK / the NFTS – with the additional support of EON Productions and ScreenSkills – will cover all production costs; inter-School networking will also be facilitated to help crew the films across all disciplines from producing to cinematography to sound and music.
You must fulfil these criteria:
- The scheme is aimed at women and people from BAME backgrounds and those with disabilities.
- You must be a UK national and able to commit to the programme for its duration.
- The scheme is for people of talent who have either directed or written or performed in screen theatre or the arts already, whether as an amateur or professionally.
- You need to be 21 plus years of age.
- You are not eligible to apply if you have applied for the scheme previously. The first two iterations of the scheme were entitled the ‘Directors Workshop and the Diverse Directors Workshop’.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form here and return it by midnight on Wednesday 12th December 2018.
If you apply you are confirming, you are available to attend the introductory session (12th-13th January 2019) and the two-week intensive workshop (25th February – 8th March 2019). You must also be available for pre-production and production during April - August 2019.
We will endeavour to let candidates know they have been selected by the 3rd January 2019.